View all 42 Jobs
Job vacancy Electrical Technician
View all 42 Jobs
Overall Purpose of Job
The successful applicant will be responsible to carry out maintenance, fault finding and major & minor repairs on port equipment and heavy diesel engine equipments.
To take part in carrying out equipment preventive maintenance and practical hand on in electronic drive repair, troubleshooting using PLC. Perform breakdown repairs whenever required and be pro-active in identifying opportunities to improve plant, machinery reliability and performance. Carry out fault finding and diagnosis of problems affecting plant/equipment and systems taking corrective actions to anticipate and prevent downtime and thus maximize production/equipment availability. Attend to the immediate repair like starter motor repair, motor and generator repair. Ability to do any engineering modification and reconditioning of machine elements, pneumatic, hydraulic and brake systems, reads and interprets hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams for accurate trouble shooting, to participate in the pre-planning of preventive maintenance programme, carries out all work in a prompt, thorough and professional manner paying particular attention to safety and quality of workmanship.
This occupation has a level of education and skills to enable the candidate to perform assigned tasks in accordance with working standards. The following are the minimum requirements.
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical/ Electromechanical/ Electronics Engineering to FTC Level from recognized Higher Learning Institution. Or National Vocational Award NVA Level 3 in following fields Electronics (ELEC), Auto Electric (AE).
- A minimum of Five (5) years working experience in in maintenance of heavy diesel engine equipment with hydraulic controls.
- Hands on experience over 5 years in electronic drive repair, troubleshooting using PLC, starter motor repair, motor and generator repair, Ability to do any engineering modification and troubleshooting.
- Simple report writing and records maintenance.
- Skills in Basic traction and mechanical principles and practices of hydraulics related to pumps, electrical magnetic brakes.
- Sound Experience with Programmable Logic Control (PLC), control software and hardware.
- Good understanding of the functioning of generators, engines and traction machinery or Quay cranes and Rubber Tyre Gantry cranes.
- If you meet the above criteria, please apply in the strictest confidence to the address below enclosing:
- Include a Motivation letter
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 5 Jul, 2022JOB BYQ-Sourcing
See all jobs