View all 55 Jobs
Job vacancy QSST-Assistant Lecturer
View all 55 Jobs
About This Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based clients, we are looking for a competent and experienced Assistant Lecturer.
Expert in own subject area, Assists in Course Review and Development, Plans & delivers learning experiences to meet course objectives, develops instructional materials, Involved in Student Consultations, Assesses and Maintains students’ records, Liaises with Authorities and Industry, Carries out research and other assigned activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To deliver learning instructions, prepare Lesson plans,
- To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance
- To have a good knowledge of entire syllabus’ curriculum.
- To assist in the review of course content and materials on a regular basis, updating when required.
- To develop and apply innovative and appropriate teaching techniques and materials that creates interest, understanding and enthusiasm amongst students.
- To transfer knowledge including practical skills, methods, and techniques.
- To ensure that course design and delivery comply with the quality standards and regulations of the college
- To supervise student projects, field trips and, where appropriate, placements.
- To write, prepare and mark assignments and examinations and provide feedback to students.
- To ensure that the teaching content and methods of delivery are in accordance with equal opportunities and respond to issues relating to staff and student needs.
- To determine relevant research objectives and prepare research proposals.
- To assist in aided Projects
- To write or contribute to publications or disseminate research findings
- To make presentations or exhibitions at national and international conferences and other similar events.
- To maintain current industrial information practices.
- To develop links with external contacts such as other educational bodies, employers, and professional bodies to foster collaboration.
- Regular contact and liaison with students to teach and provide support.
- To provide academic leadership to those working within programme areas, as assistant lecturer or equivalent,
- To assist in the work of a team by agreeing objectives and adhering to work plans.
- To act as a personal mentor to students and colleagues.
- To be responsible for dealing with referred issues for students within own educational programs.
- To adhere to the College’s Equal Opportunities policy in all activities, and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues
- To undertake other such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
- To provide a healthy and comfortable working environment
- Preferred master’s degree in Relevant field plus teaching qualifications Experience Essential to the position:
- Minimum 3 years in teaching experience.
- Wide breadth and depth of specialist knowledge in own area of expertise
- Understanding of different teaching and learning methods
- Computer proficiency in the standard packages (word processing, e-mail and internet use, and spreadsheets) Desirable for the position:
- Experience of conducting quality research in a particular specialism and publishing in recognized journals
- Experience of developing and implementing research objectives, projects and proposals.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 17 Jun, 2022JOB BYEmpower
See all jobs